thank God for what I am today -FICTION-
It was raining. I could hear
the droplets of rain, falling continuously on the porch. It was Monday, the
toughest day to go through. It had been almost three years since I left school
but I could still hear his voice echoicing in my eardrums, I could almost
visualise him.
“Monday is always the hardest day but if you can go
through that dark, tired, lazy and bloomy Monday, you can survive the whole
week,” that was what my English teacher had always said when I was a fiver. I
slowly opened up my eyes and get off bed.
I slipped the hot chocolate made by mom. Mom was always
like that, she would ‘disappear’ early in the morning, off to work. I took my
long black cardigan and tied my black-wedge-ankle boots.
As I stepped out from my house, I looked at the sky which
was baby blue and filled with white-fluffy-cotton candy liked clouds. It was a
perfect day to wander around the city, I guess.
I was sitting on a bench at the train station. I then saw
a woman with stunning-round-hazel coloured eyes whom just stepped out from the
train with a child holding her hand. The little girl was beautifully dressed
wearing a pink gown with a pair of black ballet shoes. She kept calling and
pulling her mother’s hand. I bet she was begging for something, maybe toys or
candies. Her mother seemed not to be bothered by her daughter’s wishes, as she
was busy calling someone on her phone.
Suddenly, a thought came into my mind, “Where could her
father ever be?” I asked myself.
They suddenly were out of my
sight as they probably disappeared into the crowd. At the corner of the train
station, I saw an old-grey haired-unwell dressed man sitting on the floor.
There was a black coloured, small size bag in front him. I saw numerous people
passed by but no one seemed to notice him.
Then out of sudden, a guy with green hoodie and grey
skinny standing close to him and bended to put some money inside the black
coloured bag.
“Who is that guy?” I was
questioning myself – I cannot see his face clearly because his hoodie was
covering a part of his face.
After the mysterious guy
left, the old man was smiling by himself. A big smile. Maybe there was nobody
ever gives him such that amount of money, I guessed.
I strolled to the park nearby. There were a group of boys
playing with the see-saw and slide cheerfully.
“Hi, my name is Alicia,” a
voice greeting me.
“Hi, I’m Samantha. You’re
new here?” I questioned as I never see her before.
“Yeah, sort of. I came back
during my semester break to help my mother at the orphanage,” she answered.
“Are they..?” I whispered to
myself as my eyes looking to that group of boys.
Alicia told me that her
mother and a few workers had been raising the boys since they were little. Some
of them have been sent to the orphanage since they were babies.
I gazed at my red swatch. The time showed 3 o’clock. I dropped
by to a Japanese food restaurant to buy sushi. On my way home I saw a boy with
plain grey shirt and shorts selling cotton candy near the restaurant. He had
such a lovely face. Dark brown-hair with a pair of blue eyes. I stepped by to
buy one. We had a short conversation and I ask him why he wasn’t as school
today and I was been told that his mother was passed away and his father
married another woman.
“I was unlucky. She only
loves my father and not us,”
I kept thinking about him.
Poor boy. He is supposed to be at school-studying, not there.
I took a bunch of keys from my pocket and unlocked the
door. I put a plastic of sushi at the dining table and went upstairs. After
fresh up, I opened the windows widely to look at the magnificent nature that
had been created perfectly by the Creator.
While I was standing there,
my mind was busy thinking about everything that I saw and happened today. I took
a deep breath while looking at the blue sky and thank God for what I am today.
-owned by: AainaaSyafiqah-
This is not my writing, but my sister wrote this for her English essay exam, hehe. I find it something interesting to share it here as I was not able to write all those nice wording like her. when I read it, I found a lots of moral values that can be clarifies from each of the events created. Its just you have to read it and think.Maybe we had once face the same situation as in the story but we just don't realise it. so, the conclusion is don't forget to say ALHAMDULLILAH for everything we had. . .
well,I am proud of her. I wish you to be a good writer adik! ;)
Comments
Post a Comment